Web Hosting is the most common practice for hosting providers; websites are stored on their physical servers. This can be done through a hosting company or even on a local server or PC. The majority of hosting companies will provide this standard form of hosting.
Web Hosting comes in different forms though; shared hosting (multiple websites sharing one server, like an apartment complex), WordPress hosting (specifically for the WordPress CMS), and…
Cloud Hosting, which is not really a thing. It's a marketing term. There is no "cloud"... it's all just someone else's computer. Hosting providers that tout on and on about Cloud Hosting are perpetuating a metaphor to attract customers.
So called ‘Cloud Hosting’ is more of a buzz word and is not all that different from VPS Hosting…
VPS Hosting is hosting within a ‘Virtual Private Server’. What this means is that there is a computer generated barrier between your website and another website, even though they are on the same server. What this does is artificially separate them in case of security issues or other faults.
Imagine walking into an apartment complex, opening your door, and suddenly you’re in your own house. Completely isolated from other buildings. It’s an illusion essentially but it maintains a virtual separation between websites, giving your site more independence from the herd, so to speak.
Different hosting companies provide different kinds of hosting services, so it’s important to know which kind you need. Don’t just jump to the first one you see however, always check customer reviews to get a taste of the practical experience.
Also, ‘Unlimited’ anything in hosting is also a myth - just a buzz word used by marketers to attract fresh customers. Don’t fall for it; ‘Unlimited’ bandwidth will likely be more restrictive than a clearly defined limit.
Collecting cheap dedicated servers and vps hosting promo codes and coupons, as well as the vps hosting reviews and tutorials!
Web Hosting, simply put is dedicating a storage space for your website. This space can run out just like our USBs. There is a limited amount of space on a USB, so when it becomes full, you cannot add anything more. The same goes for website hosting.
There are quite a few web hosting companies that provide 24/7 support, tech assistance etc. One of the biggest advantages of web hosting is that it allows you to have complete control over your website. Now, depending on what your requirements are in terms of space, bandwidth etc. They can be listed down as:
- Shared hosting
- VPS hosting
- Dedicated Server Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
- Cloud hosting
VPS or virtual private server is one large physical server, that is divided into smaller servers that function independently in their own virtual server environment.
Benefits of a VPS hosting :
- Better control over servers - As a business owner, you get total server space and control to take decisions of your hosting without really depending on anyone
- No sharing but available resources - Your hosting will not share resources with anyone, so no chance that there will be any problems with respect to speed or efficiency
- Privacy leads to security- Since your hosting service is private in nature. ie there are no issues with respect to any viruses/malware/ cyber threats from shared hosting (since it is not present) hosting is safe
Cloud is a stack of many servers that run on virtual technology. They have huge storage space, compute speeds and load balancing capabilities .
Advantages of Cloud hosting can be given as follows:
- Scalable – adds more server power in a jiffy
- Custom infrastructure - You can include firewalls, architecture and custom firewalls, load balancing and IP deployment
- Access and availability - In case a physical server fails, cloud servers are migrated to another physical server without experiencing an outage
- High computing resources - No lagging RAM or CPU power, even if another cloud customer's load grows
Cloud and VPS are very different in terms of pricing as well as disk space. I suggest you go through some plans on ResellerClub before buying a plan.